Friday, July 06, 2007

homosexuality is forgivable? what about adultery and divorce?

www.theconservativevoice.com/article/26439.html

I'm going to say something here that may shock some of you. I believe that many of my fellow Christian conservatives have gotten way too wacky about homosexuality.

Please allow me to say a couple of things right up front. I believe that homosexuality is a sin. I also believe that divorce and cheating on your spouse are sins. I believe that there is no difference whatsoever on the "sin chart" between any of the above. And, I believe that many Christian conservatives are sinning by "judging" homosexuality while "excusing" divorce and adultery.

Over the last 50 years, divorce and adultery (cheating spouses) have broken up more families and screwed up more kids than homosexuality ever has. That doesn't mean that homosexuality is OK; it isn't. It just means that divorce and "coveting thy neighbor's spouse" have caused a whole lot more damage.

Should we Christians speak out against homosexuality? Of course--it's a destructive life style. BUT-----Why aren't we launching a full court press against divorce and cheating?

It's like speaking out against a wreck in the Indy 500, yet ignoring the carnage on our freeways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Counters