Saturday, December 02, 2006

top twenty list: songs that make me happy

In no particular order:

1. Keg In The Closet, Kenney Chesney---There has never been a song, in the history of music, that reminds me of college as much as this song does. I loved college!
2. When the Sun Goes Down, Kenney Chesney and Uncle Kracker---She thinks Kracker's sexy when the sun goes down is the kind of lyric I would write!
3. Can't You See (live version), Marshall Tucker Band---This is one of the great songs of all time. Toy Caldwell, playing with one thumb, was magic on lead guitar. His gut-wrenching, soul-stomping, gravel road blues vocals will absolutely blow you away! THIS IS A GREAT SONG!
4. No Alibis, Eric Clapton---Whenever I hear this song, I BECOME CLAPTON and I embarrass everyone around me with my air guitar skills!
5. Rubberband Man, The Spinners---I can't dance a lick, but every time they played this song at King's Corner in Muncie (Ball State) I thought I could dance. Must have been the multi-colored, strobe light dance floor!
6. American Pie, Don McLean---The ultimate sing-along-real-loud song.
7. Cowboys and Clowns, Ronnie Milsap---This was the theme song to a great Clint Eastwood movie (Bronco Billy) and I am a huge Clint Eastwood fan.
8. Travelin' Man/Beautiful Loser, Bob Seger---There isn't anyone who is a bigger Bob Seger fan than I am. This is real rock and roll!
9. Night Moves, Bob Seger---This is my all-time-favorite Seger classic.
10. Fat Bottomed Girls, Queen---Ordinarily, I don't go for songs about pedophilia (listen to the lyrics) but Brian May's guitar work on this song is nothing short of amazing! Freddie Mercury, on the other hand, was an absolute freak!
11-12. ABC, and I'll Be There, Jackson 5---Would someone please tell me why Michael had to become such a freak? These were two great songs, and then Michael had to shape-shift into a white/female/alien/monkey-loving/sunlight-avoiding/little-boy-loving/freakazoid!
13. Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Guns N Roses---This was Slash and Axl at the very top of their game!
14. Anything by AC/DC---I'm a different kind of Christian conservative. I'm proud to say that I am a big fan of Angus Young, and that Bon Scott's vocals on Highway To Hell set a standard that will never be surpassed.
15-16. Son of a Son of a Sailor, and The Weather Is Here, I Wish You Were Beautiful, Jimmy Buffett---I am a Parrothead, and proud of it! One of these days, I'll tell the story of the retired Methodist minister who used to be my neighbor. He was a Captain Morgan-sipping/Leinenkugel-loving/Christian Parrothead! I miss him and his wife! One hot July afternoon, I wandered over to his house and found him on a ladder, painting the trim on his house. I asked him how he was, and he pointed to the canteen of water he had with him and said, "The Bible says that Jesus turned water into wine, but so far there haven't been any miracles in this part of Jeruselum." You gotta love a guy like that!
17. Convoy, CW McCall---Check out these lyrics (www.narrowgauge.org/4x4/cw_pages/lyrics/spirit/convoy.html). What's not to like!
18. Rhinestone Cowboy, Glen Campbell---This is another great sing-along song.
19. King of the Road, Roger Miller---I like snapping my fingers!
20. Seven Bridges Road, Eagles---Those boys could sing a little harmony, couldn't they? Wow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Counters