Saturday, May 05, 2007

the looney liberal chronicles

www.intellectualconservative.com/category/the-left-wing/

The above link will take you to a wonderful series of essays by Phillip Ellis Jackson called "The Looney Liberal Chronicles." It is really a 10-chapter book that Mr. Jackson decided to offer for free online, so it is rather lengthy. Believe me, though, when I say that it is worth taking the time to read. Each chapter features actual email conversations between Mr. Jackson and his liberal friends concerning the political and cultural topics of the day, spanning the first half of the current decade.

As I read through the chapters, I was struck by how similar Mr. Jackson's experiences were with mine. Long time visitors to my blog know that it is not at all uncommon for liberals to post comments. In fact, the number of liberal comments is far greater than the number of conservative comments. Without exception, the liberal comments have been completely devoid of anything resembling facts, logic or reason. The process goes like this:
1. I post my thoughts on a particular topic, and I back up my opinions with facts.
2. The liberal responds with personal attacks, questions my ancestry, and labels my opinions as hate speech.
3. I reply, asking the liberal to please attempt to respond to the facts I have provided.
4. The liberal responds with more personal attacks, more vitriol, and a whole lot of easily refutable lies.
5. I refute the lies.
6. The liberal gets hysterical.

The pattern never changes. If you take the time to read through Mr. Jackson's e-book, you will see that he has had the same experiences.

Well, the question at this point becomes, what lessons can we learn from all this? I can think of three:
1. Christian conservatism is truth, while liberalism is based on lies.
2. All it takes to defeat liberalism is knowledge. Notice that I didn't say "intelligence." Some of the smartest people in the world are liberals, but that doesn't make them right. When debating a liberal, you must be armed with knowledge of the facts. Liberals are very good at lying, but their lies will not hold up against facts, logic and reason.
3. It is our responsibility as Christian conservatives to speak the truth all the time, to as many people as we can, in as many places as we can, for as long as we can (to paraphrase John Wesley). We must strive to arm our fellowman with the truth. Knowledge is power, truth is more powerful than lies, and a nation of people armed with knowledge of the truth cannot be defeated. Even by really slick liberaliars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Counters