Monday, February 12, 2007

i have a serious question

Many of the visitors to this blog are of the liberal persuasion, and you are always welcome. I do have a serious, sincere question that I would like to ask you, though. What's up with this Obama-Mania? I truly don't understand it. He seems like a nice guy to me, although I don't know a lot about him. He doesn't have very much experience in Congress, but I don't necessarily consider that a bad thing. Sen. McCain has lots of experience, and I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher! I don't know a lot about Obama's beliefs, mainly because he's been pretty coy about sharing them publically, so I don't know whether he would make a good president or not. But I watch the TV news and I see footage of people treating him like the Messiah! They want to touch his clothes and be in his presence and hear his voice, as if being in the same room with him will suddenly make everything groovy! I don't get it. Can someone please explain this to me. I'm not being sarcastic, either. I just want to understand.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not too sure either. I suspect it's his charisma...can't be sure though.

On another note I wanted to say I may disagree with your politics but I respect your reasons as you shared with us in your "one last post for tonight." And thanks for keeping us liberals on our toes. Re-examining why we beleive what we beleive is, I think, a healthly thing. You often force me to do that in what you write.

God bless...

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Counters