Monday, February 12, 2007

what happened to the global warming?

I'm so upset I can't see straight! For months now, the esteemed science fiction professor algore has been promising me that the earth was getting warmer, and I believed him. I have been stocking up on Bermuda shorts and Hawaiian shirts (those are hard to get in my size!) and I even bought a new blender! My thought was that, if the winters are going to be tropical in Central Indiana, I could lay out on my back deck in February, wearing my new Jimmy Buffett gear and sipping boat drinks! That was the plan, anyway.

Imagine my shock---shock, I say!---when I heard the latest forecast. Central Indiana is under a Winter Storm Warning from tonight at 7:00 PM Eastern to 7:00 PM on Tuesday. We're getting hit with a foot of snow, freezing rain, ice, and 25 MPH arctic winds. Glaciers will fall out of the sky! This comes on the heels of record low temperatures all across the Hoosier State--double digit wind chills--and big snow last week. I just don't know what to think! What is this world coming to when you can't trust the word of a good old-fashioned snake oil salesman from Tennessee?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Counters