Thursday, August 10, 2006

dodging a whole bunch of bullets!

By now, everybody has seen the news about the 21 Islamofacist terrorists who were arrested by Great Britain. It seems that they were plotting to blow up 10 airplanes enroute from Britain to the U.S. sometime later this week. Their capture was the result of a cooperative effort between British and American intelligence. Phone calls by the terrorists were intercepted thanks to the "controversial" NSA wiretapping program. Another 9/11-type disaster was averted because George Bush and Tony Blair had, and continue to have, the courage and the wisdom to stay the course in their fight against Islamofacism, in spite of the withering criticism they are blasted with on a daily basis. Thank God for men of courage! They are few and far between in these uncertain times. To the Anti-Bush Brigade that occasionally checks into what I'm writing, I would say this: Your side of the political divide will become completely irrelevent unless you come up with a competent national security plan to counter what the president is doing. The American people will not vote for a slate of candidates whose entire platform can be summed up in three words (We Hate Bush!). You will have to do a little better than that if you expect to make a difference.

On a somewhat different note (although I will streeeetch to make a connection!), today is the 30th anniversary of the arrest of Son of Sam (David Berkowitz) in New York City. Read all about it at:
www.historychannel.com/today/.

As I read the History Channel account, several questions popped into my head:

1. How long would Berkowitz's killing spree have lasted if the NYPD had approached his mayhem the same way that liberals want to approach the war on terror? In other words, tackling the problem through negotiation and appeasement. Thankfully, the NYPD is the greatest police force on the face of the earth, so they approached the deaths in the right manner. They put together the Omega Squad and worked 24/7 to restore law and order in New York. God bless the brave men and women of the NYPD!
2. Supposedly, Berkowitz has accepted Christ into his heart while in prison. If that is true, I confess that, because I am an imperfect, sinful human, I have mixed feelings. In my head, I know that if we truly accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, he will forgive every sin we have ever committed, or will commit in the future. I know that, I believe that, and I am grateful for that. In my human heart, though, I wonder how in the world Son of Sam can expect to live in heaven for eternity with God. When God calls me home, I know that he will open my mind and heart to His perfect wisdom, and for that I am also grateful.
3. The History Channel site mentions that NYC endured a horrific heat wave that summer. There was even a 25-hour blackout in mid-July. Now wait just a ding-dong minute! I thought that global warming didn't start until the day that George Bush was inaugurated! Someone needs to 'splain this to me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bukko Boomeranger said...

I might believe this "security alert" if it weren't for all the other bogus alerts that Pres. Cheney and Chimp have posted in the past.

Don't you find it odd how in the summer and fall of 2004 there was a publicised upgrade of the "terror colour code" every few weeks, particularly when the Democratic National Convention was on? And there hasn't been one since? Even now, with a supposedly real plot (as opposed to the last plot, with the morons in Miami planning to blow up the Sears Tower, AFTER a federal double agent said to them "Hey, what about if we blow up the Sears Tower?") the overall "colour" hasn't been changed. Just the colour for the airline industry. Whatever that is supposed to mean...

But of course you don't find it odd. You've swallowed the Kool-Aide. You believe everything the government says. Hey, doesn't that sound like something a "liberal" would do?

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aust dude. I don't like Bush either. I'm a Democrat. I think he's done a crappy job fighting the war. But please don't make us regular Dems look bad by saying stupid stuff like that. You sound like some X files groupy.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Bukko Boomeranger said...

Hey IC, what's stupid? Fact is, the Department of Homeland ScareTheCrapOuttaUs HAS played with the "colour" code repeatedly. Tom Ridge even admitted it, when he was safely out of office.

I'm not disputing the fact that the Poms might have caught some legitimately nasty characters. There ARE people who want to kill a lot of Westerners. Wha makes me suspicious is the TIMING of this. Story breaks big the day after Joe Loserman liebst. I mean Joe Lieberman lost... A perfect attention-diverter from the stories about "American voters are getting fed up with these fools who are leading us into war after war that we're LOSING." And yes, we are losing the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. And now we're about to start another one with Iran...

Before I became a nurse, a profession that allowed me to emigrate legally from America and get to the slightly saner land of Oz, I was a newspaper reporter. On the crime beat, I covered a number of fraud cases in which the schemes were SO outrageous that everyone believed the underlying story had to be true. No one would make stuff like that up, went the reasoning, so people bought in. I don't think it's X-Files to say the same thing is happening with the entire United States of America.

That's one of many reasons my wife and I left the land of our birth. Time will tell which one of us is right, mate. (I'm addressing this to you too, Hondo.) My wife and I keep saying to each other "I hope we're wrong." But I haven't seen anything yet to suggest we are...

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Counters