Thursday, May 31, 2007

great quote from tony blair

I was stopped by someone the other week who said it was not surprising there was so much terrorism in the world when we invaded their countries (meaning Afghanistan and Iraq). No wonder Muslims felt angry.
I said to him: tell me exactly what they feel angry about. We remove two utterly brutal and dictatorial regimes; we replace them with a UN-supervised democratic process.
And the only reason it is difficult still is because other Muslims are using terrorism to try to destroy the fledgling democracy and, in doing so, are killing fellow Muslims.
Why aren't they angry about the people doing the killing? The odd thing about the conversation is I could tell it was the first time he'd heard this argument.


Tony Blair has consistently been the world's most articulate spokesman for the reasons why we muct continue the fight against Islamofascism. One of the complaints that I have always had about Pres. Bush is that he has been unable (or unwilling) to spend the time that is required explaining to the American people why this war is so important. Those of us who pay attention know what the reasons are, but so many Americans really don't have much of a clue about the danger we currently face, and why it's so vitally important to stay on the offensive against the forces of radical Islamic terror. Tony Blair's quote really puts the whole war in perspective.

Because being a blogger requires me to nitpick, I would add one point to Prime Minister Blair's comments. Liberaliars all around the world want America to leave Iraq, and they want us to leave TODAY. I want our troops to leave today as well. We just need a formal declaration from Iran, Syria, and all of the other regimes of terror around the globe pledging to crush Islamofascism within their borders. They also need to pledge to stop funding terrorist organizations, to immediately stop persecuting Israel, to give up their nukes, and to submit to weapons inspections. If we can get that done today, I will lead the cheers for our troops to come home. In other words, if the bad guys stop fighting, we'll go home.

Believe me when I say I'm not holding my breath. Absent any sort of agreement, I guess we will have to stay in the Middle East and kill all the bad guys. I'm good with that, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Counters